Thursday, October 18, 2007

Skype

So, a friend of mine told me about Skype last night and it sounds really cool. This seemed like an appropriate place to talk about it, since this whole blog started with learning 2.0. Skype is apparently a free (with other members of Skype) chat/call/videocall service. So you can talk to someone over your computer for free, as long as they have a microphone and have downloaded Skype. Sounds really neat, I may have to try it. Also, they actually have it for macs, which I find quite a few web applications (like Google Chat) do not. Which seems odd, to me, since mac is a big thing right now. Anyway, anyone else heard of Skype? Good things, bad things, tried it your self? Anyone?

2 comments:

ichmaelyttt said...

i have heard of it but have never used it myself. both of my brothers, however, have used it. one of them uses it frequently, in fact. seems like a pretty useful piece of tech.

ichmaelyttt said...

i didn't think it was free, though, thought there was a small monthly fee. but maybe it's free with other skype memberships? not really sure.